-
Fix 3.3, OR get 3.8 ... IF term. serv. works on HD install
HD installed, server comes up, client gets pxe reply, & mounts /cdrom.
Then says cannot NFS mount /KNOPPIX... dropping to limited shell.
I guess if the Knoppix CD were in the drive it might have worked.
Not what's wanted anyway.
It's come back to me now, I've been here before, poormans worked.
3.8 is best no doubt, if I have to fix it also, I may as well begin now.
I have dialup, but have friends with cable, I'll tell you when it's on HD.
-
FINALLY...READY!!!
It's been awhile, I tried both my friends with HiSpeed Internet & nether
could dnld a damn cd & get it burned!
Anyway I bought Knoppix 3.8.1 & Kanotix, I'm ready to go...finally!
Same as 3.3 hd install, term. server still doesn't work in a hd install.
I think separating the server os from the client os is a good idea.
Besides the server os only needs admin. tools & not much for apps.
Would it be a good idea to start a new post for this?
Similar Threads
-
By benopdezolder in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 23
Last Post: 02-03-2009, 01:45 AM
-
By staran in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-18-2007, 05:41 PM
-
By donnyriyadi in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-10-2004, 01:10 AM
-
By al.rovelli in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-28-2004, 12:56 AM
-
By ktheking in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-02-2004, 09:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox
$620.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server E5-2698 V4 | No RAM | 2x 1600W PSU
$414.99

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95