-
using alien and installing deb packages
I have rpm packages that I need to convert to deb and then install (under Knoppix 3.4).
I read the instructions and it seems quite straightforward ...
I first did (as root): # alien xxx.rpm
... which created xxx.deb
I was pleased about that.
The instructions (in my Knoppix manual) said I should simply click on the file and it will install. I tried this and found that all that happened was that the conents of the deb file were displayed.
I tried running xxx.deb from the command prompt but this also didn't work.
Can anyone help me here? What am I doing wrong? Do I need to run from command prompt with certain switches?
Any tips would be gratefully received.
Regards,
Alan Searle
Similar Threads
-
By chocorello in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-04-2008, 02:14 AM
-
By knithx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-27-2006, 09:26 PM
-
By jsweatte in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-27-2005, 05:22 PM
-
By HewJass in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-20-2005, 04:34 AM
-
By pankajgadhari in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-19-2003, 04:33 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 3200MHz Sk Hynix RAM 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA HMAA4GS6CJR8N-XN
$310.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module
$29.25

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$30.00

MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$159.99

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

A-Tech RAM 16GB DDR4 PC4-21300 DIMM/2666MHz
$50.00