Hi, you're not the only one having this problem.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18185
Unfortunately, I haven't got an answer and have had to give up on 3.8.1 until I can get this resolved.
I'm trying to save settings and can't seem to get the floppyconfig cheat to function. When I made
the floppy, knoppix said to use the command myconfig=/mnt/auto/floppy. I get a error while booting
from the CD and it loads the defaults. I tried floppyconfig and config=scan, but still no luck. I seem to
remember a error message saying something like: must start with /dev/ or /mnt/ or 'scan'.
What am I missing here![]()
Hi, you're not the only one having this problem.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18185
Unfortunately, I haven't got an answer and have had to give up on 3.8.1 until I can get this resolved.
Thanks Alan,
I'm going to try a USB pen drive next. Have you tried that yet?
No I haven't. I'm not sure if my BIOS would support the USB drive prior to boot (I've got a fairly old computer). I must admit, I assumed the problem was with Knoppix not recognising the floppy settings file as a valid file, but I'm no expert on this stuff. If you have any success, please let me know and I'll pursue it further.
Cheers
I was very unhappy when the command "myconfig=/mnt/auto/floppy" didn't work
to restore my saved configuration from a floppy disk too.
Try this: "knoppix floppyconf" at the boot prompt. It really does work!
I'm using 3.7 -- My 3.8.1 is on the way (dialup connection)![]()
I don't have a problem with 3.7. It's 3.8.1 that won't recognise the configuration file on the floppy. If it works for you, please let me know what you did. I think I've exhausted all the various "knoppix flopyconf" options. I'd really like to get 3.8.1 working as it contains Firefox and Thunderbird, my preferred browser and email.
cheers
Hi Alan,Originally Posted by Alan Harrison
I bought a 512MB sony microvault yesterday and did a persistent home with it. When I boot I use the cheatcode home=/mnt/uba1/knoppix.img and
everything loads fine. However it does seem to hang the system sometimesI think it's due to newer settings being written to it. I'm going to
experiment a bit more with the laptop and also with a Dell desktop at work this week. I also have a config saved to the USB.
I deleted the knoppix.img and started with myconfig=/dev/uba1 and knoppix started fine with my settings and so far hasn't hung up!
Hey Harry, you're a star. I copied the config files from the floppy to a USB stick, followed your instructions and, hey presto, it worked - it recognised the configuration file on the USB drive and loaded the my settings ok. I'm writing this from Firefox running in 3.8.1.
Many thanks,
alan

Samsung MLT-R116 Imaging Unit Xpress M2625 M2675 M2825 M2875 M2885 M3015 OEM NEW
$49.99
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00
Samsung Notebook 9 Pen Touchscreen 2-in-1 Motherboard NP930SBE-K01US
$111.45
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00
Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99
Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra
$16.99
Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99
Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD
$59.99
QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black
$500.00
Samsung 990 EVO Plus 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Internal SSD 7,250MB/s
$285.00