-
Re: TC1100 boot error

Originally Posted by
hp_tc1100
When I use the Knoppix 2.8.3 CD to boot from a external USB cdrom, I get the following error:
Scanning for USB/Firewire devices... Done.
Cant find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
Press reset button to quit.
I get this exact error with Knoppix 4.0.2 with my tc4200
Is there any way to boot Knoppix on a HP tablet?
-
Junior Member
registered user
Knoppix boots pretty successfully for me on my HP TC1100. I've never spent the time or effort to get Wireless or the pen working, but it's fine for data recovery, all that sort of stuff.
Have you checked the media? Did you use "verify data after written" or the equivelant in your burning software? Did you md5 check the iso before you burned it?
I had huge problems with bad media. They didn't look like that, it looked like a whole heap of other problems. Once I got some TDK branded media, it worked like a charm, both DVD and CD burned at full speed, although it's recommended you burn at the slowest speed to ensure as clean a burn as possible.
Callum.
-
I md5 checked the iso and the >700MB knoppix file in the Knoppix directory of the CD. They are ok.
Phil
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
![Samsung Galaxy Tab 5 active [Untested for parts only ] picture](/store/img/g/Vs4AAeSwRbVqwATU/s-l225/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-5-active-Untested-for-parts-onl.jpg)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 5 active [Untested for parts only ]
$75.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW 20" 1600x900 Resolution WideScreen LCD Monitor
$41.00

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99