-
Junior Member
registered user
Has anyone managed to boot Knoppix (CD or DVD) successfully on an HP TC1100 or other tablet?
I've just downloaded the CD ISO and it boots ok. It complains that the auto-configuration of hardware (it might say devices) fails, but then it continues on till I get to an image (which looks like a steering wheel and road in the background, or something like that) that appears to be a desktop background. I have a cursor, the mouse works, the keyboard worked during boot, but I get nothing else. I've left it for a few hours, but nothing appears on the desktop. No icons, no command prompt, I can't get it to do anything.
Can anyone offer any advice?
Thanks - Callum.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge R710 w 2x Intel Xeon E5540 @2.53Ghz 4GB RAM NO HDs *BOOT TO BIOS*
$149.99