-
Problem with remasterisation
all proccess are running correctly but when i try create iso with this commande
mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o /mnt/hda3/knx/knoppix.iso /mnt/hda2/knx/master
I have this responce
Scanning /mnt/hda2/knx/master
Scanning /mnt/hda2/knx/master/KNOPPIX
Scanning /mnt/hda2/knx/master/KNOPPIX/images
Scanning /mnt/hda2/knx/master/boot
Scanning /mnt/hda2/knx/master/boot/isolinux
mkisofs: Uh oh, I cant find the boot catalog directory 'cdrom/boot/isolinux'!
and i trying with this commande:
mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -b KNOPPIX/boot.img -c KNOPPIX/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o /mnt/hda3/knoppix.iso /mnt/hda2/knx/master
Responce is this :
mkisofs 2.01-unofficial-iconv (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
Scanning /mnt/hda2/knx/master
Scanning /mnt/hda2/knx/master/KNOPPIX
Scanning /mnt/hda2/knx/master/KNOPPIX/images
Scanning /mnt/hda2/knx/master/boot
Scanning /mnt/hda2/knx/master/boot/isolinux
Writing: Initial Padblock Start Block 0
Done with: Initial Padblock Block(s) 16
Writing: Primary Volume Descriptor Start Block 16
Done with: Primary Volume Descriptor Block(s) 1
Writing: Eltorito Volume Descriptor Start Block 17
mkisofs: Uh oh, I cant find the boot image 'KNOPPIX/boot.img' !
Please help me
-
I dunno to be honest, but just as a guess. check that compressed file system was created. it was done with create_compressed_fs or something like this command i think it must be located in master/Knoppix directory.
also there is another way to remaster using menu based scripts it was described by UnderScore few posts below in this forum.
Nikolay
-
As far as I could catch from your post you're remastering from a cd boot environment, is that correct? If so, before running the mkisofs command, try to go to the master folder (cd /mnt/hda2/knx/master) and run again the mkisofs command exactly as it was posted. I really don't know how to explain why this happens but I faced this same kind of trouble in the past (when I still used to remaster from a chrooted environment) and solved it this way. And by the error messages you posted I believe the first method of using the mkisofs command is the correct one for your distro.
Cheers.
Similar Threads
-
By daaniel in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-15-2005, 09:14 AM
-
By compuhelp in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-16-2004, 11:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$119.00

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE
$59.99

Juniper Network QFX5100-48S-AFO 48x SFP/SFP+ 6x 40GbE QSFP+ Switch w/ Dual power
$223.20

Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter
$59.99

New Juniper SRX345-SYS-JB-2AC Junos Router Firewall Services Gateway 16GbE SFP
$560.15

Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW)
$999.99

Juniper EX3400-48T-AFI Ethernet Network Switch 48x1GbE 4x10GbE SFP+ 2x40GbE QSFP
$139.00

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99