I'm using knoppix 3.8.1 and was told that i could edit this file when ver. 3.8.1 with unionfs came. Now it's here and I'm trying to find out how to do this. I have a edited version of mkdesktophdicons that puts the icons in a folder instead of on the desktop. My question now is how to move this file to /usr/bin so it replaces the original (or edit the original with the changes).
I'm booting from a usb2 hdd with knoppix 3.8.1 tohd installed on /dev/sda1 and home on /dev/sda2
As you probably can tell by now I'm quite new at linux/knopppix but trying to learn as much as possible.
/W

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99
Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i5-4590 3.3 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop Processor CPU SR1QJ
$10.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99
LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00