I am in way over my head here, but maby you can help me.
I have a Compaq Armada E500 P2 366 128M ram. Runs Knoppix off the CD win no major issues. I decided to attempt a hard drive install, lack of expierence with Linux be damned. I partitioned the 6 gig Hard Drive with Partition Magic into a 3 gig Win98 (FAT32), almost 3 gig EXT3 partition and 130 MB Linux swap.
Using the script provided in the FAQ's i got everything copied over to the Linux partition. Now when I boot and LILO comes up it starts to boot then I get the dreded ...
nomce: nomce: No such file or directory
Kernel Panic: Attempted to kill INIT
I have done everything I know how to do (which isn't much)
linux nomce
linux mem=128M
linux mem=64m
linux noaspi
Suggestions, Thanx

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99
V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00
WaterSaver CT4880F-225WSA Vacuum VAC Panel Mount Needle Valve 3/8" IPS 1 Pc
$78.00
US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89
Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67
Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99