-
Not Booting
I am in way over my head here, but maby you can help me.
I have a Compaq Armada E500 P2 366 128M ram. Runs Knoppix off the CD win no major issues. I decided to attempt a hard drive install, lack of expierence with Linux be damned. I partitioned the 6 gig Hard Drive with Partition Magic into a 3 gig Win98 (FAT32), almost 3 gig EXT3 partition and 130 MB Linux swap.
Using the script provided in the FAQ's i got everything copied over to the Linux partition. Now when I boot and LILO comes up it starts to boot then I get the dreded ...
nomce: nomce: No such file or directory
Kernel Panic: Attempted to kill INIT
I have done everything I know how to do (which isn't much)
linux nomce
linux mem=128M
linux mem=64m
linux noaspi
Suggestions, Thanx
Similar Threads
-
By rrfish72 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-05-2005, 06:29 PM
-
By mortfrog in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-15-2004, 06:14 AM
-
By rid in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-17-2003, 03:56 PM
-
By peter77 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-28-2003, 10:48 PM
-
By in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-29-2003, 11:46 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00