I've just got v3.8.1 and here are some never seen before problems (with knoppix):
Using the plain desktop shortcut for floppy brings up the error message:
"Unable to run the command specified. the file or folder file:/mnt/floppy does not exist"
Same way with the hda1 shortcut (no other hdd shortcuts appear):
"could not mount device. The reported error was: mount: I could not determine the filesystem type and none was specified"
The hard drive is recognized well I think (when I try to enable dma its code is listed there and so is the code for cd-rom); I have 4 NTFS partitions on it and a FAT32 one, but none seem to work even when trying "mount -t" command. Because I have some work to do I didn't have the time to check what's listed in /dev dir or to try anything else. Also I'm not sure yet what's the deal with the new unionfs filesystem.
oh well, meanwhile post here if you got any suggestions. thank's, bye

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
MSI GF63 Thin 11SC-693 15.6" 256GB SSD, Intel Core i5 11th Gen., 8GB Windows 11
$550.00
Dell OptiPlex 5090 SFF PC w/ i7-10700 2.9GHz CPU 2TB HDD 8GB DDR4 RAM Win 10 Pro
$209.95
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8-Core 16-Thread AM4 Desktop Processor - Tested & Working
$155.00
Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor
$27.99
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8-Core 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor 3.8GHz
$165.00
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X3D Desktop CPU Processor 3.0GHz, 8-Core, 16-Thread, AM4 Socket
$270.00
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X3D Desktop CPU Processor 3.0GHz, 8-Core, 16-Thread, AM4 Socket
$280.00
AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 3.80GHz 8 Core 100-000000263 16 Thread AM4
$149.99
Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36