Xine in my installation of Knoppix (version 3.8, HD installed) finds my DVD player OK and displays the name of the film (Blues Brothers) OK but when I click 'play' I just get a black screen. There were no obvious error messages. Just the black screen.
I checked the regional setting and changed that to '2' (in Settings) but that didn't make any difference.
I then looked at the log and saw that the system seemed to be communicating with the DVD OK. There were just these two log entries that seemed 'negative' :
1. audio_decoder: error, unknown buffer type: 01060000
2. video out: throwing away image xxxxx because it's too old
Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Are there other settings that I should check? Or do I need to download other, supllementary software (e.g. decoding?)?
Or could you point me towards an informative HOWTO that might explain the issues?
Many thanks,
Alan Searle.

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99