-
Junior Member
registered user
Re: building custom kernel 2.4.20

Originally Posted by
garyng
I have apt-get the kernel source and xfs-patch but when I run apply/xfs, nothing happens(no message, nothing). Is this normal ? I have applied another XPPE patch which does run as normal(some messages, no error).
What I have is a deboostraped environment and I chroot to it. And when I chroot and run 'make menuconfig', it said something like Ncurses library not found. However, it is ok if I just run from the KNOPPIX environment.
Would anyone kindly give me some hint or links where I can setup a chroot environment such that I can carry out the kernel building process ?
For one, unless you think you'll have a need to read/write to XFS file systems (not likely, these aren't exactly that common), you can just ignore the XFS patches. I do.
As far as chrooting, I can do so with no problems either from within Knoppix or from within RedHat 7.3
Similar Threads
-
By kawazu in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-16-2004, 09:02 AM
-
By jrp in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-12-2004, 12:13 PM
-
By andrewtayloruk in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 9
Last Post: 01-29-2004, 07:05 PM
-
By cYmen in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-14-2003, 10:17 AM
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-21-2003, 09:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

Octa Vacuum Vacuum Dock Whale Tail-Tablet Mount for iPad, Galaxy, Surface More
$33.12

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

WaterSaver CT4880F-225WSA Vacuum VAC Panel Mount Needle Valve 3/8" IPS 1 Pc
$78.00

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99