you should NOT try to mount it, the disk should be 100% UNMOUNTED when partitioning.
are you root?
did you commit the partitioning?
I wasn't quite sure where to post this, so I thought I would start here
I'm running knoppix 3.7 on the 2.6 Kernel. I have a 60GB HD plugged in, and am attempting to use Qparted to format/put a partition on it. It sees the drive on boot, allows me to create partitions on the drive, but then when I go to format it, I'm told it's a virtual drive. Also, when I attempt to mount the drive, I get the error "mount: I could not determine the filesystem type, and none was specified" I also do not get an hda or hda1 icon on my desktop if this helps.
Is this an issue with the harddrive itself, or am I doing something wrong? Any recommendations to just format it with a windows boot floppy and try this again?Yes, I am new to knoppix, but each day is a learning experience. Any assistance would be appreciated.
you should NOT try to mount it, the disk should be 100% UNMOUNTED when partitioning.
are you root?
did you commit the partitioning?
I believe I am logged in as root - is there any way to tell?
I attempted to commit the partitioning, it stated it was successful, and after I clicked Ok, the PC locked hard and had to be rebooted.
if you open a console and it looks like this you are root
17:27 ~ #
if I open a console as normal user i get
17:27 ~ $
the diference is that root has # and users have $.
I was logged in as user - but got it fixed and was able to transfer data to it.
I'm assuming I was just not doing the steps in the right order? So you have to be a root user in order to partition/format the drive?
now.... to move onto the hard drive install FAQOnwards and upwards!

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99
1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00
Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k
$300.00
1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00
Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$59.99
Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00
Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110
$129.99
Keyboard Cable Cord - Apple Macintosh Mac 128K 512K 512Ke Plus
$12.99
1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K Original Model M0001 With Keyboard and Mouse
$1799.99
Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs
$14.99