-
Junior Member
registered user
Qparted and new hard drive
I wasn't quite sure where to post this, so I thought I would start here
I'm running knoppix 3.7 on the 2.6 Kernel. I have a 60GB HD plugged in, and am attempting to use Qparted to format/put a partition on it. It sees the drive on boot, allows me to create partitions on the drive, but then when I go to format it, I'm told it's a virtual drive. Also, when I attempt to mount the drive, I get the error "mount: I could not determine the filesystem type, and none was specified" I also do not get an hda or hda1 icon on my desktop if this helps.
Is this an issue with the harddrive itself, or am I doing something wrong? Any recommendations to just format it with a windows boot floppy and try this again?
Yes, I am new to knoppix, but each day is a learning experience. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By Fiddler in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-26-2009, 11:19 PM
-
By tom31366 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-01-2005, 01:40 PM
-
By husalah5150 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-22-2005, 05:06 PM
-
By Lintu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 06:13 PM
-
By manatarms1775 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-12-2004, 05:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99