Quote Originally Posted by turbine
I'm dual booting knoppix and win98 using boot floppy to bring up knoppix. My current win98 needs to be re-installed but I'm concerned that said installation will:
a: Fool with my mbr thereby eliminating any semblance of my knoppix install
Yup, I expect it will do that. You'll likely need to run lilo again. If you have Lilo installed onto the Linux partition rather than the MBR you never have to touch it again., just reinstall something like SBM to the MBR or XOSL to it's own partition, both easier (at least for me) than fooling with Lilo.

Quote Originally Posted by turbine
b: Not recognize my linux partitions and overwrite same with win98 stuff
If these are true is there any way to keep them from happening?
No, Win98 is pretty good about letting you run fdisk and control your own partitions. The MS fdisk will see the Linux partitions as an unknown type, but that shouldn't be a problem. You likely will not want to repartition anything anyway, maybe just reformat your Windows partition.