-
Senior Member
registered user
Wow! Thank you all very much for your help.
There are 2 things that make me leery about doing this reinstall process. First when I do boot into win98, win98 doesn't recognize my linux partitions at all. They don't show up in the file manager. Second I wiped out my entire linux os once by running Norton Antivirus on the win98 side. Norton told me that there was a potential virus in my mbr and asked if I wanted it restored. I said yes. Later when I tried booting into knoppix, I discovered that everything was gone. Root partition, swap partition, everything. So I learned the hard way that altering the mbr can destroy the linux partitions.
Thanks again
Nick
Similar Threads
-
By superoxide in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-28-2007, 11:37 AM
-
By Josh83 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 14
Last Post: 04-01-2005, 02:29 PM
-
By plzdontspamme in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-15-2004, 05:26 AM
-
By knophead in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 12
Last Post: 09-25-2004, 12:26 PM
-
By benpark22 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-17-2003, 07:49 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08