-
KNOPPIX 3.8.1 "could not mount device"
I've just got v3.8.1 and here are some never seen before problems (with knoppix):
Using the plain desktop shortcut for floppy brings up the error message:
"Unable to run the command specified. the file or folder file:/mnt/floppy does not exist"
Same way with the hda1 shortcut (no other hdd shortcuts appear):
"could not mount device. The reported error was: mount: I could not determine the filesystem type and none was specified"
The hard drive is recognized well I think (when I try to enable dma its code is listed there and so is the code for cd-rom); I have 4 NTFS partitions on it and a FAT32 one, but none seem to work even when trying "mount -t" command. Because I have some work to do I didn't have the time to check what's listed in /dev dir or to try anything else. Also I'm not sure yet what's the deal with the new unionfs filesystem.
oh well, meanwhile post here if you got any suggestions. thank's, bye
Similar Threads
-
By Mr K in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-05-2008, 06:37 PM
-
By samizdat in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-21-2008, 04:39 AM
-
By jcdecode in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-13-2005, 10:01 AM
-
By sakiZ in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-30-2004, 10:34 AM
-
By YuXeL in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-08-2003, 01:48 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST HUS726060ALE610 0F23001 6TB HDD 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K Hard Drive (V6315)
$69.95

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99