-
Senior Member
registered user
Compiling
Kay, so I downloaded the lastest GTK release, but can't figure out how to fricking compile it. I downloaded some uncertain programs that I can't figure out, and have no real clue what to do. I've got the tar.bz2 file sittin' around on my box, and I'm trying to make it into a .exe. Is there a way I could use alien in Linux to make the tar.bz2 into an .rpm or .deb or something and then use something to make it into an .exe?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Errrr ... you're wanting gtk for Windows, not for Linux, right?
Otherwise even a fiercely and stubbornly independent Down-Easter would use one of the Debian tools to fetch and install it automagically - if only to make sure the package was logged correctly for the next upgrade. 
Following the "Windows" breadcrumb links from either the gtk.org or gimp.org websites will get you here for zip files of glib and its immediate dependencies: www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/downloads.html. Zips for pango and atk - and other stuff - are there too, if needed.
Then there's this page for the whole gimp: http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/
There may be other Win32 installers for gtk - they're mentioned on the page of someone who no longer maintains one: http://www.dropline.net/gtk/ - he recommends the gimp.org site.
By the way, I chased down a whole lotta dead-end leads on Google before finally tripping over one that led me to the gtk.org site. Doh! 
-- Ed
Similar Threads
-
By Jameson in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-23-2005, 07:50 PM
-
By redss in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 09:19 PM
-
By Yuanlong in forum General Support
Replies: 15
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 11:01 AM
-
By Liquidant in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-26-2004, 06:34 PM
-
By m_yates in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-15-2003, 02:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper Networks AP33 Wireless Access Point Bluetooth WiFi 6 Cloud Managed NIB
$54.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p
$99.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99