-
Senior Member
registered user
802.11b 16Bit PCMCIA Wireless Cards
I am looking for a list or comments from those using wireless cards under Knoppix V3.7 under kernel 2.4.x.
The cards I have for winslease work great, but Knoppix doesn't include native drivers for it for various reasons, and I am NOT looking to start a debate on this area.
What 802.11b (2.4GHz) 16 bit PCMCIA 2.0 (NON CARDBUS 32bit) work in Knoppix with native supprot NO ndiswapper allowed! I also want CHEAP!
I paid about $10.00 for these cards and they do what I want.
So what CHEAP 802.11b cards are you using under Knoppix? Specifically V3.7 under the 2.4.x kernel, and NO ndiswrapper!
Thanks!
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
My Belkin 802.11b F5D6020 ver. 2101 did not work for me under 3.7 but there were reports that it did for others. It works for me under the just released Knoppix 3.8.1.
I also have a Dlink DWL-650, it does not work for me under 3.7 or 3.8.1.
While the Belkin pcmcia card did work for me, my Belkin router never did. I will avoid Belkin routers in the future.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Harry Kuhman
My Belkin 802.11b F5D6020 ver. 2101 did not work for me under 3.7 but there were reports that it did for others. It works for me under the just released Knoppix 3.8.1.
Since this meets my CHEAP requirement in the sources I've found. I wasn't planning on using V3.8.1 as I've seen some issues with the HD install of it.
Any way to tell the verision of these cards from a sealed box and/or the card itself?
Is this via ndiswrapper or via native modules/drivers on the knoppix CD?
Any one else have other cheap 802.11b cards that work under V3.7 or V3.8?
Similar Threads
-
By cdersham in forum Laptops
Replies: 10
Last Post: 02-12-2007, 03:32 AM
-
By zippix in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-12-2004, 02:23 AM
-
By menelaos in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-24-2004, 02:04 PM
-
By ehawk in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-21-2004, 04:53 PM
-
By JockVSJock in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-15-2003, 02:16 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99