-
FAQ did not solve permissions issue -- need help.
I've booted my Linux computer from Knoppix in an effort to recover data. I right-clicked on the hard disk, changed all the permissions to "read and write," and unselected the "read only" choice under "Device," just as the wiki page told me to do .... But I still find that my database files in /var/lib/mysql/ are locked. Those are the files I desperately need to copy somewhere -- anywhere -- so that I can restore them to a different server. (this server no longer boots.) ....
Can someone please tell me what I've doing wrong? I've search the FAQs and tried all the suggestions I can find, but I'm still stumped.
Thanks in advance.
George
-
Senior Member
registered user
FAQ did not solve permissions issue -- need help.
This is _not_ a permissions issue.
Once you have mounted your filesystem using the desktop icon, right click it and choose: Actions -> Change Mount Mode Read/Write.
-
folder access problems contineu
Well, I have the drive mounted, I've changed the mount to RW, I've deselected the "read only" checkbox at Properties-->Device, and i'm STILL not able to get to those folders ... still get the "You don't not have enough permissions to read" message ....
What am I doing wrong here? I've read the FAQs, I've taken good advice found on this list, but I still can't get there ...
Please help.
-
Senior Member
registered user
FAQ did not solve permissions issue -- need help.
Now you do appear to have a permissions issue.
What are the permissions on the files themselves? Probably root.mysql or something similar.
You may need to act as the superuser or file owner and/or adjust the permissions accordingly per file or directory in order to manipulate them.
Similar Threads
-
By BlueWotsit in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-24-2006, 09:58 AM
-
By GbaDoctor in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-19-2005, 07:52 AM
-
By Aman in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-26-2004, 05:16 AM
-
By Coume in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-24-2003, 06:59 AM
-
By mwalam in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-09-2003, 01:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67

Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard
$17.99