-
Senior Member
registered user
basic auto mount question
I just hdinstalled my whole computer science lab with KNOPPIX 4.0.2CD for my students. We used to have way older versions of KNOPPIX where we had to mount disks the old fashioned way. Now, it seemes all you have to do is place the floppy disk or CD in the drive, click /mnt in konqueror and the disks are auto mounted. This is cool. Now all I do is click on /mnt/cdrom or /mnt/floppy and I can manipulate my disk files.
My problem is switching disks. When I switch floppies, I sometimes get the error:
file:///mnt/floppy does not seem to exist anymore
Somehow, I got this error to go away with floppies. Today I have this error with CDs and I can't get around it!
Am I missing something basic here? Please help!
TIA,
AJG
Similar Threads
-
By itz_moi in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-19-2006, 08:13 AM
-
By plener in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 01:01 AM
-
By BeckBristow in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-30-2004, 01:27 AM
-
By Mic Q in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-18-2004, 04:24 AM
-
By hybridus in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-27-2004, 10:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

Broadcom MegaRAID 9461-16i SAS/SATA/NVME Tri-Mode PCIe RAID Controller
$295.00