--Try (as root, WITH the single quotes)
" modprobe aha152x 'your-options-here' "

(From /usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi/README.aha152x)

CONFIGURATION ARGUMENTS:

IOPORT base io address (0x340/0x140)
IRQ interrupt level (9-12; default 11)
SCSI_ID scsi id of controller (0-7; default 7)
RECONNECT allow targets to disconnect from the bus (0/1; default 1 [on])
PARITY enable parity checking (0/1; default 1 [on])
SYNCHRONOUS enable synchronous transfers (0/1; default 1 [on])
DELAY: bus reset delay (default 100)
EXT_TRANS: enable extended translation (0/1: default 0 [off])

2. specify only what you need to (irq or io is required; new)

io=IOPORT0[,IOPORT1]
IOPORT for first and second controller

irq=IRQ0[,IRQ1]
IRQ for first and second controller

scsiid=SCSIID0[,SCSIID1]
SCSIID for first and second controller

reconnect=RECONNECT0[,RECONNECT1]
allow targets to disconnect for first and second controller

parity=PAR0[PAR1]
use parity for first and second controller

sync=SYNCHRONOUS0[,SYNCHRONOUS1]
enable synchronous transfers for first and second controller

delay=DELAY0[,DELAY1]
reset DELAY for first and second controller

exttrans=EXTTRANS0[,EXTTRANS1]
enable extended translation for first and second controller


If you use both alternatives the first will be taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm trying to boot knoppix on an old computer that has a scsi cdrom. I know the driver I need and the arguments to pass to it because the driver doesn't detect it. I use the aha152x driver and need to pass the arguments: 0x340,11,0,1. Can anyone tell me how to do that? Thanks.