--At expert boot, try modprobing for:

' aha152x io=0x340 irq=11 scsiid=0 reconnect=1 '
((0x340,11,0,1))

--No promises tho. My advice is to get a more modern (PCI) Scsi card, such as Advansys, or at least an Adaptec AHA2940 (which does 50-pin and 68-pin) PCI. You can find them at computer shows for ~$20-30, mostly system-pulls. Make sure you get a Genuine Adaptec card; the fakes have a blank grey area at the top-right of the card (with the backplate facing Left) where there should be some numbers.

--Or, you can email Klaus and ask him if Knoppix bootup supports your card; if not, can he include it as a boot option.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thanks for the suggestion, but that doesn't work because I don't have modprobe in the "very limited console". I need to do an expert boot. It asks which scsi modules to load, but I need to specify arguments at that point. Do you know how to do that?