--Dude, you resurrected a thread from **2002.** That's gotta be a new record.

See:
http://www.linux.com/howtos/Kerneld/special-devs.shtml
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/doc...ned/SCSI-HOWTO
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/SCSI-2.4-HOWTO/index.html

--Your best bet may be using a slightly older distro/kernel instead of Knoppix. Debian Sarge still uses a 2.4 kernel by default.

--Honestly, unless that particular Adaptec is an absolute requirement, I wouldn't waste time fooling with it. Newer SCSI cards on Ebay or the like have more features, better speed, and less configuration hassles. SCSI on ISA is a nightmare that was *gladly* left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by wavesailor
Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Bechtel
--At expert boot, try modprobing for:

' aha152x io=0x340 irq=11 scsiid=0 reconnect=1 '
((0x340,11,0,1))

.....
Dave,

I have Knoppix 3.9 and I am trying to get it to boot on an older PC with an Adaptec 1542 SCSI controller. It seems that those modules are no longer on the Knoppix CD. Any ideas on how I can get the modules so that I may boot Knoppix?

Much appreciated,

jj