-
Problem of creating liveCD
I follow the guide at http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Remaster..._Install_HowTo to remaster from HDD install. However, once I burn the CD and try to boot the machine, while KDE starting, it ask me to login as the user I've created and there are many permission deny message. Most are skipable except:
Could not start ksmserver. Check your installion.
How can I make the liveCD behave like knoppix that there is only default knoppix user in the system which /home directory is at writable RAM disk?
-
carfield,
At the end of last year I followed this same guide you mentioned and was not able to suceed, although I have done it twice, paying very careful attention to the details. So I decided to do it my own way and came up with a procedure that really worked and which I automated by means of a shell script . It is posted at this same room, at http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18222. Maybe you should give it a try.
Cheers.
-
Sorry nelsongs, it don't work... the iso produced is not bootable, even worst is that it corrupt the HDD boot sector... I guess the cause is that I run the script at root, and it should be run at some other folder... right?
-
carfield,
For this script to run smoothly you have to do it as a normal user, not root or one of the alikes such as su or sudo. On the first versions it was exactly the opposite, you had to run it as su or sudo, but as a large number of people who were trying it was having some kind of trouble running it as su or sudo, I found out one small routine from Klaus Knopper inside the Beatrix distro which could allow someone to run it as normal user. This routine was adapted by mark_jones, a friend of mine and who also works in this script along with me.
Anyway, if youŽd like, please download the new version of it, which is available at http://www.ngsys.eti.br/remasters/kn...ster_en-1.2.sh. This is an updated version, which fix some minor bugs presented in the previous one and which also includes the possibility of burning the iso image directly from it.
Hope hear from you soon,
Best regards.
Similar Threads
-
By nikgik in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-16-2006, 01:22 PM
-
By secksy-guy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-10-2005, 05:13 PM
-
By jhastings in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 05:12 AM
-
By hawkeye in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-18-2005, 08:42 PM
-
By Linsane in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-14-2004, 11:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge T440 Tower Server 2x Intel Gold 5118 and 128GB 2400MHZ DDR4
$1840.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$368.00

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99

8W81F Dell PowerEdge R840 24x SFF 4x Xeon Gold 6252 H730P 2x 1100W PSU
$1100.00