-
Junior Member
registered user
Setting Java PATH
I am using Knoppix 3.8.1 and it is bundled with Java 1.4.2. I do not know how to uninstall Java 1.4 and since I need the new features of Java 1.5, I decided to install Java 1.5 over it (some of you may think its not a very good idea).
Now, when I run a java -version at the command prompt, it still says 1.4.2. So I explicitly exported the PATH of my new Java 1.5
"export PATH=/home/java1_5/bin"
After that "java -version" replies with 1.5, which is correct. However when I restart the shell, the PATH seems to be reset to its original state and won't recognize my Java 1.5!
Please help!
-
Prepend your PATH variable with that directory in your .bashrc file.
-
Redo your symlink in /usr/bin to point to your copy of the java.
Similar Threads
-
By Albretch in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-07-2007, 10:45 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 09-05-2005, 06:40 PM
-
By roustabout in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-25-2005, 12:54 PM
-
By hesa666 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-22-2005, 06:38 PM
-
By roustabout in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-07-2005, 03:05 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99

Intel Core i9-13900K Processor (5.8 GHz, 24 Cores, LGA 1700)
$320.00

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99

Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151
$39.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99

Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU
$99.99

APPLE MACBOOK PRO A2338 | M1 | 256GB SSD | 8GB | C | BH 85% - 90% | Golden Gate
$399.99

Intel Core i5-10500 SRH3A 3.10GHz 6-Core LGA1200 CPU Desktop Processor
$80.00