I've the same problem here, the mouse suddently stop moving for a while, this happen few times in an hour, I am using the 3.8.1 hard disk install.
Hi, the problem is what my computer turns very very slow in lapses of 6 seconds. This start a less 4 times in the day, and using the command TOP, the console show me that responsable of this problem is 'modprobe', who take the 98% of the cpu ussage, and that is very uncomfortable, so I need some help to know what is 'modprobe' doing in that lapses of 6 seconds, when the computer turns very very slow.
Thanks guys!!
-kernel 2.6.8-2-k7 - Sempron 2400+ - 384mb DDR Ram
PD: Sorry for my poor english... bye.
http://www.creocaminar.tk/
I've the same problem here, the mouse suddently stop moving for a while, this happen few times in an hour, I am using the 3.8.1 hard disk install.

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health
$360.00
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95
LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88
Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD
$14.99
BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$714.99
Dell PowerVault MD3000i AMP01 Storage Array 4x Cad 2x PSUs No HDDs/Controllers
$164.95