Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Compaq

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2

    Compaq

    Hi!

    Tried knoppix on two compaqs (Evo (1.7 GHZ, 750 MB RAM) and Deskpro). It is funny.
    Without parameters it boots, starts X and then.
    I just get the background. The CD is loading something, then it exists and halts the system properly. And it says the X ended without errors. Now go figure.

    If I use xserver=XF86_SVGA, it works. I tried this only on Deskrop, because I need the working evo right now.

    Any clues?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1
    Hi,

    I had similar kind of problem.

    Booting Knoppix V3.2 2003-05-03 on a Compaq Evo 510 with 256 Mb.
    After starting X a black screen and nothing. No response to anything .

    I tried booting to charmode, which succeeded. Then switching to graphical mode (init 5), also successfull. In TTY01 I can see the errors when starting X, but still it works ; When loggin out I get reverted to runlevel 2 again.

    I still have to find out what's going wrong and how to fix it, but for the time being I can boot and run Knoppix on my Compaq Evo

Similar Threads

  1. compaq 2563
    By kshitijchaudhari in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 07:41 PM
  2. compaq 2135
    By zxedxz in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-30-2003, 08:30 PM
  3. Compaq Laptop HOW-TOs
    By zjr in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-21-2003, 04:01 AM
  4. more Compaq fun
    By gaje in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-07-2003, 06:19 PM
  5. Knoppix on Compaq
    By Guest in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2003, 10:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW

$13.89



LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to... picture

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...

$162.04



Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe picture

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe

$53.99



V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB picture

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB

$82.00



US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits picture

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits

$13.89



Powerful Air Duster Vacuum 300000RPM 6000mAh 180min Runtime LED picture

Powerful Air Duster Vacuum 300000RPM 6000mAh 180min Runtime LED

$138.99



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM

$37.99



Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys picture

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys

$16.99



Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles picture

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles

$53.99



WeePro Compressed Air Duster 180000RPM Cordless Mini Turbo Fan, 3-Speed Vacuum picture

WeePro Compressed Air Duster 180000RPM Cordless Mini Turbo Fan, 3-Speed Vacuum

$149.99