-
Junior Member
registered user
I found that the tulip modules is not being loaded during intialization; I could 'modprobe tulip', and then '/sbin/ifconfig eth0 up' works (actually, I had to bring it down and use /sbin/ifup eth0 to get it both up and with an auto IP address).
I checked /etc/modules.conf and no alias or mention of 'eth0'. I saw the caution there to use 'update-modules'; did this and it added the alias to the modules files. I rebooted, but '/sbin/ifconfig' shows only interface lo active.
What is different about knoppix-debian init that the module is not getting loaded; shouldn't it be parsing /etc/modules.conf?
Similar Threads
-
By will103 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-04-2005, 07:21 PM
-
By tkatchev69 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-01-2004, 05:56 PM
-
By audioaficionado in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-08-2003, 10:26 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99

Mini Cordless Electric Keyboard Car Vacuum Cleaner Cleaning Duster Rechargeable
$9.97

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99

WeePro Compressed Air Duster 180000RPM Cordless Mini Turbo Fan, 3-Speed Vacuum
$149.99