I am using the Live CD version of Knoppix on my Intel based laptop; the web browsers are runnig fine and I am able to browse websites on the internet (such as this website). If I try to send out emails using a command line based program, such as mail, it fails to deliver the email to the outside world. It of course works for the "local" email.
This works:
-------------------------
>mail myself
..
-----------------------
I can see the email send to "myself" when I invoke mail to view my messages.
This does not work:
-----------------------------
> mails [email protected]
...
-----------------------------
I get long messages (when mail is invoked with -verbose option) -- it basically tries for quite a while to send the email (it is able to connect to the yahoo servers) but finally gives up. The following is a snippet of the log:
-------------------------------------------------
tcpsmtp driver for transport smtp:
connect to host mx2.mail.yahoo.com[67.28.114.35]/smtp...
failed: connect: Connection timed out
unlocking retry/smtp/67.28.114.35 and storing error: transport smtp: connect: Connection timed out.
lock of retry/smtp/67.28.114.36 succeeded (will defer if delivery fails)
tcpsmtp driver for transport smtp:
connect to host mx2.mail.yahoo.com[67.28.114.36]/smtp...
failed: connect: Connection timed out
unlocking retry/smtp/67.28.114.36 and storing error: transport smtp: connect: Connection timed out.
lock of retry/smtp/4.79.181.13 succeeded (will defer if delivery fails)
tcpsmtp driver for transport smtp:
connect to host mx2.mail.yahoo.com[4.79.181.13]/smtp...
----------------------------------------------
Any clue on what's going on, and/or help on fixing this is very much appreciated.

Vintage Apple Writer III Training Pak Manual UNTESTED
$89.99
🔥 Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS �
$309.00
Vintage 2000 MICROSOFT Intellimouse Explorer Optical Technology - Original Box
$59.99
Peripheral Vision VINTAGE EDUMATE LIGHT PEN Atati 800/400 & COMMODORE 64 Unteste
$79.90
Vintage Lot of 21 PC Computer PC CD-ROM Video Games Assorted Titles UNTESTED
$59.99
Vintage Intel i486 DX 33MHz CPU (A80486DX-33 / SX419) – Excellent Condition
$44.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
VTI KB-5161 Vintage Blue Alps Keyboard
$223.00
Vintage computer AMD K6-2 300 MHz 96 MB ram No HDD/No OS
$79.99
Vintage Desktop No Brand-Pentium 4-512MB Ram 40GB HDD ATI R200 Fire GFx OS W98E
$139.99