-
Ok having trouble with partitions.
I have a system with 2 HDD's. One 83 gig with my XP/NTFS partition on it. and one 13 gig that I want to install Knoppix to (as in install to HD, not use off the CD). I tried using the UBD (ultimate boot disc) to make Linux partitions, and I did, but everytime I go into the prompt, type knx2hd, configure it and try to install, i get this "Error: Formatting to failed". I also tried to make partitions using the partition options in knx2hd but i got an errors saying "Open disk drive" and "read-only". Is there a set of instructions that will step by step walk me through what I need to do to make a dual boot XP/knoppix system? Forgive me if I am asking something that's been asked before.
-
Senior Member
registered user
The installation has to be done as the user "root" - the errors might be from running the installer as the regular user Knoppix.
By the way, now it's known as knoppix-installer - but knx2hd still works because it's set up as a kind of alias for knoppix-inistaller.
To run one command as root, you start it with "sudo" - so try this: $sudo knoppix-installer. Let us know if you still have problems!
-- Ed
Similar Threads
-
By AJones in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-05-2007, 07:26 PM
-
By cyberstew in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 11-26-2004, 12:50 AM
-
By newknoppixguy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 25
Last Post: 09-03-2004, 04:07 AM
-
By KnopperX in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-27-2004, 04:48 PM
-
By Rython in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-15-2003, 07:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)
$149.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C
$140.00

6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips
$125.00

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99

DEC DIGITAL VINTAGE M7477
$100.00

Vintage DEC LR150-11 Power Supply 70-0464-01 Rev S Sun Shoebox Server PSU Used
$160.00