-
Senior Member
registered user
knoppix 3.8.1 (this is the newest, right?)
Right - very very new.
where can I find the source?
Good question. Not here: http://developer.linuxtag.net/knoppix/ - but it seems that this is where they're supposed to be. I found it by starting at http://knoppix.com/ then clicking on the link "Knoppix-Info," which takes you to www.knopper.net/knoppix-info/index-en.html and then clicking the link for "Sources for the special components of the KNOPPIX-CD."
I have a somewhat-new cheapo (emachines) desktop with an nVidia mobo. I was surprised - and very happy!
- when Knoppix 3.7 detected everything just fine for me. (And so did 3.8.1. And so have Debian sarge RC2 and RC3.)
For my own curiosity, what's in your file /etc/sysconfig/xserver? Here's mine:
Code:
XSERVER="XFree86"
XMODULE="nv"
XDESC="nVidia Corporation|NV18 [GeForce4 MX - nForce GPU]"
I hope someone can give you better info than I have!
-- Ed
Similar Threads
-
By Nachtfalke in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-28-2005, 04:41 AM
-
By Krogen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 22
Last Post: 08-19-2005, 08:16 PM
-
By nvgringo in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-05-2004, 01:59 PM
-
By nIght in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-03-2003, 09:28 PM
-
By aryakori in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-26-2003, 06:17 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD
$13.00

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$44.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$35.99

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA III SSD MZ-76E500 MZ7LH500HALU
$50.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00