-
Junior Member
registered user
Nvidia driver trouble- rivafb
I'm having trouble installing nvidia video card drivers on knoppix 3.8.1 (this is the newest, right?).
The problem seems to be in the kernel's rivafb support. So, my question: does knoppix use a specialized kernel, and if so, where can I find the source? (To compile without rivafb).
-
Senior Member
registered user
knoppix 3.8.1 (this is the newest, right?)
Right - very very new.
where can I find the source?
Good question. Not here: http://developer.linuxtag.net/knoppix/ - but it seems that this is where they're supposed to be. I found it by starting at http://knoppix.com/ then clicking on the link "Knoppix-Info," which takes you to www.knopper.net/knoppix-info/index-en.html and then clicking the link for "Sources for the special components of the KNOPPIX-CD."
I have a somewhat-new cheapo (emachines) desktop with an nVidia mobo. I was surprised - and very happy!
- when Knoppix 3.7 detected everything just fine for me. (And so did 3.8.1. And so have Debian sarge RC2 and RC3.)
For my own curiosity, what's in your file /etc/sysconfig/xserver? Here's mine:
Code:
XSERVER="XFree86"
XMODULE="nv"
XDESC="nVidia Corporation|NV18 [GeForce4 MX - nForce GPU]"
I hope someone can give you better info than I have!
-- Ed
Similar Threads
-
By Nachtfalke in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-28-2005, 04:41 AM
-
By Krogen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 22
Last Post: 08-19-2005, 08:16 PM
-
By nvgringo in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-05-2004, 01:59 PM
-
By nIght in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-03-2003, 09:28 PM
-
By aryakori in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-26-2003, 06:17 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17
$45.49

Lot of 10OEM Dell Latitude 5420 5520 63WH Battery RJ40G M033W - Excellent
$175.00

New Genuine OEM Dell Latitude 5420 5520 3560 4 Cell Laptop Battery RJ40G M033W
$49.95

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511
$28.99

Dell OEM 240W 7.4mm 19.5V 12.3A Big Barrel AC Adapter Mixed Model B Grade
$19.99

Lot of 5 Dell OEM 90W 7.4mm 19.5V 4.62A Big Barrel AC Adapters Mixed Models
$38.99

OEM Genuine 63WH RJ40G Battery For Dell Latitude 5420 5520 Precision 3560 M033W
$31.69

Dell OEM 65W 7.4mm 19.5V 3.34A AC Adapter Mixed Model B Grade
$13.99

NEW Genuine OEM MXV9V Battery Dell Latitude 7300 7400 5VC2M N2K62 5300 7.6V 60Wh
$45.55

New Dell OEM Inspiron 15 3511 15.6" Battery 11.25V 41Wh 3467mAh G91J0 MGCM5
$44.95