Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Nvidia driver trouble- rivafb

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    14

    Nvidia driver trouble- rivafb

    I'm having trouble installing nvidia video card drivers on knoppix 3.8.1 (this is the newest, right?).

    The problem seems to be in the kernel's rivafb support. So, my question: does knoppix use a specialized kernel, and if so, where can I find the source? (To compile without rivafb).

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    205
    knoppix 3.8.1 (this is the newest, right?)
    Right - very very new.

    where can I find the source?
    Good question. Not here: http://developer.linuxtag.net/knoppix/ - but it seems that this is where they're supposed to be. I found it by starting at http://knoppix.com/ then clicking on the link "Knoppix-Info," which takes you to www.knopper.net/knoppix-info/index-en.html and then clicking the link for "Sources for the special components of the KNOPPIX-CD."

    I have a somewhat-new cheapo (emachines) desktop with an nVidia mobo. I was surprised - and very happy! - when Knoppix 3.7 detected everything just fine for me. (And so did 3.8.1. And so have Debian sarge RC2 and RC3.)

    For my own curiosity, what's in your file /etc/sysconfig/xserver? Here's mine:
    Code:
    XSERVER="XFree86"
    XMODULE="nv"
    XDESC="nVidia Corporation|NV18 [GeForce4 MX - nForce GPU]"
    I hope someone can give you better info than I have!

    -- Ed

Similar Threads

  1. nvidia driver hangs...
    By Nachtfalke in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-28-2005, 04:41 AM
  2. NVIDIA Driver Installation
    By Krogen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-19-2005, 08:16 PM
  3. Nvidia driver conflict
    By nvgringo in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-05-2004, 01:59 PM
  4. nvidia driver ?
    By nIght in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-03-2003, 09:28 PM
  5. Nvidia driver in hdd...
    By aryakori in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-26-2003, 06:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$345.00



MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800 picture

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800

$189.95



Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$245.00



MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer picture

MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer

$2550.00



​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested picture

​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested

$119.99



MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board picture

MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board

$675.00



Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI picture

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI

$150.00



S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute picture

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute

$99.00