-
Junior Member
registered user
Setting Java PATH
I am using Knoppix 3.8.1 and it is bundled with Java 1.4.2. I do not know how to uninstall Java 1.4 and since I need the new features of Java 1.5, I decided to install Java 1.5 over it (some of you may think its not a very good idea).
Now, when I run a java -version at the command prompt, it still says 1.4.2. So I explicitly exported the PATH of my new Java 1.5
"export PATH=/home/java1_5/bin"
After that "java -version" replies with 1.5, which is correct. However when I restart the shell, the PATH seems to be reset to its original state and won't recognize my Java 1.5!
Please help!
Similar Threads
-
By Albretch in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-07-2007, 10:45 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 09-05-2005, 06:40 PM
-
By roustabout in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-25-2005, 12:54 PM
-
By hesa666 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-22-2005, 06:38 PM
-
By roustabout in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-07-2005, 03:05 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health
$360.00

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

Dell PERC H740p Mini Mono RAID Controller 8GB 0878M 5FMY4 GP6RN
$55.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$202.46

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$714.99