I would like to use knoppix as a rescue CD. However, the extra functionality that I am looking for is the support of reiser4 (reiserfs version 4). And normally it can only be done by applying patch to kernel source (v2.6.x) then recompile it. I have been searching around this forum and the wiki in knoppix.net, but it seems I am not too bright to understand it all. Just wondering if any one could give me a guid to it, perhaps it is also good to be a part of wiiki.
Things I am quiet confused with,
1. Does the patch in /usr/src of knoppix works on vairous version of 2.6.x ?
2. What should I do after appying the patch of reiser4, making menuconfig, and applying knoppix patch ?
- do i just build the kernel straight forward ? but by what command ? any extra options needed ? such as "--initrd " to the command make-kpkg
- Can i just overwrte the linux26 file straight forward with bzImage(or)vmlinuz-2.6.x
3. Do I also need to add /lib/modules/2.6.x to the source directory before creating new KNOPPIX
4. is there any limitation, such as file size regarding to the file for booting
I will be very thankful if anyone can answer it,, cheers/

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$482.02
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$372.48
External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$16.99
1TB SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD (Recertified) - A196-SDSSDE61-1T00
$150.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1794.16
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99
Apple iPad Pro 12.9" 5th Gen 128GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Wi-Fi Or Cellular - Good
$489.99
Apple Mac Pro A1186-Xeon E5462-20GB DDR3 Ram 500GB HDD+1TB HDD+2TB HDD MacOS Yes
$274.99
SGIN 15.6" Laptop 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Win 11 Intel i3-10100Y Backlit Keyboard FHD
$335.99