-
[Question]Chaging around different versions of kernels(v2.6)
I would like to use knoppix as a rescue CD. However, the extra functionality that I am looking for is the support of reiser4 (reiserfs version 4). And normally it can only be done by applying patch to kernel source (v2.6.x) then recompile it. I have been searching around this forum and the wiki in knoppix.net, but it seems I am not too bright to understand it all. Just wondering if any one could give me a guid to it, perhaps it is also good to be a part of wiiki.
Things I am quiet confused with,
1. Does the patch in /usr/src of knoppix works on vairous version of 2.6.x ?
2. What should I do after appying the patch of reiser4, making menuconfig, and applying knoppix patch ?
- do i just build the kernel straight forward ? but by what command ? any extra options needed ? such as "--initrd " to the command make-kpkg
- Can i just overwrte the linux26 file straight forward with bzImage(or)vmlinuz-2.6.x
3. Do I also need to add /lib/modules/2.6.x to the source directory before creating new KNOPPIX
4. is there any limitation, such as file size regarding to the file for booting
I will be very thankful if anyone can answer it,, cheers/
Similar Threads
-
By chris_startx in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-29-2009, 04:16 AM
-
By cara in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-14-2005, 11:13 PM
-
By rainerh in forum German Forum
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-20-2005, 10:02 PM
-
By bobalex in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-28-2004, 07:48 PM
-
By fearlessrogue in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-30-2003, 12:16 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99

AA-PBUN4KP New Battery Replacement for Samsung Notebook 9 Pen NP930QAA NEW
$25.99

SAMSUNG 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2400T M393A4K40BB1-CRC0Q ECC REG Server Memory RAM
$250.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00

Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible
$39.00

Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2
$89.00

Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD
$59.99

Samsung PM961 (MZVLW128HEGR-000L1) 128GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
$28.95

Samsung LC34G55TWDNXZA 34" Odyssey G55T WQHD 165Hz 1ms(MPRT) AMD FreeSync HDR
$217.00

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem
$152.99