I would like to use knoppix as a rescue CD. However, the extra functionality that I am looking for is the support of reiser4 (reiserfs version 4). And normally it can only be done by applying patch to kernel source (v2.6.x) then recompile it. I have been searching around this forum and the wiki in knoppix.net, but it seems I am not too bright to understand it all. Just wondering if any one could give me a guid to it, perhaps it is also good to be a part of wiiki.
Things I am quiet confused with,
1. Does the patch in /usr/src of knoppix works on vairous version of 2.6.x ?
2. What should I do after appying the patch of reiser4, making menuconfig, and applying knoppix patch ?
- do i just build the kernel straight forward ? but by what command ? any extra options needed ? such as "--initrd " to the command make-kpkg
- Can i just overwrte the linux26 file straight forward with bzImage(or)vmlinuz-2.6.x
3. Do I also need to add /lib/modules/2.6.x to the source directory before creating new KNOPPIX
4. is there any limitation, such as file size regarding to the file for booting
I will be very thankful if anyone can answer it,, cheers/

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99
NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW
$599.40
Supermicro 4U 32x 3.5 Bays 4-Nodes | 8x E5-2660 v3 2.6Ghz | 64gb RAM | 9207-8i
$699.99
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
DELL POWEREDGE FC640 Server FHH8V W/×2 Intel Xeon Gold 6142,0KHKN5. *READ⬇*
$130.00
Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08