-
[Question]Chaging around different versions of kernels(v2.6)
I would like to use knoppix as a rescue CD. However, the extra functionality that I am looking for is the support of reiser4 (reiserfs version 4). And normally it can only be done by applying patch to kernel source (v2.6.x) then recompile it. I have been searching around this forum and the wiki in knoppix.net, but it seems I am not too bright to understand it all. Just wondering if any one could give me a guid to it, perhaps it is also good to be a part of wiiki.
Things I am quiet confused with,
1. Does the patch in /usr/src of knoppix works on vairous version of 2.6.x ?
2. What should I do after appying the patch of reiser4, making menuconfig, and applying knoppix patch ?
- do i just build the kernel straight forward ? but by what command ? any extra options needed ? such as "--initrd " to the command make-kpkg
- Can i just overwrte the linux26 file straight forward with bzImage(or)vmlinuz-2.6.x
3. Do I also need to add /lib/modules/2.6.x to the source directory before creating new KNOPPIX
4. is there any limitation, such as file size regarding to the file for booting
I will be very thankful if anyone can answer it,, cheers/
Similar Threads
-
By chris_startx in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-29-2009, 04:16 AM
-
By cara in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-14-2005, 11:13 PM
-
By rainerh in forum German Forum
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-20-2005, 10:02 PM
-
By bobalex in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-28-2004, 07:48 PM
-
By fearlessrogue in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-30-2003, 12:16 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00

Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video
$225.00

Vintage Apple Power Mac G4 Cube M7886 2000 450MHz 128MB RAM 20GB HD
$299.99

Vintage Apple iBook Clamshell Graphite 466MHz 60GB HD 128 Ram OS 9 & 10
$350.00

Vintage Apple PowerBook G4 Titanium Laptop 800 MHz 60 GB HD 15" LCD Screen A1001
$79.99

Vintage Apple M7886 Power Mac G4 Cube 450MHz 64MB 20GB
$299.99

Vintage Apple Macintosh Microsoft BASIC Interpreter OEM Sealed NOS ver 1.01
$1399.99

Apple Extended Keyboard M0115 Vintage ADB Macintosh Keyboard Untested No Cable
$69.99

TESTED Original Apple IIc 2c Power Supply A2M4017 15V 1.2A 18W WORKING Vintage
$55.00

APPLE IIC A2S4100 VINTAGE PERSONAL COMPUTER UNTESTED AS-IS, NO POWER CABLE
$149.99