Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: IBM Thinkpad T41 and Cisco mini PCI card

  1. #1

    IBM Thinkpad T41 and Cisco mini PCI card

    I have been reading through these forums and other places trying to figure out how to get my WiFi card to work with knoppix.

    This post here got me closer (I Think)
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10998

    but, one thing I found is the command 'wlcardconfig' says something like "No Wireless adapter found" when I boot knoppix normally.

    But when I press F2 and type 'knoppix26' (loading the beta Linux kennel) It recognizes the WiFi card as eth0 (the wired NIC, eth1 under knoppix26, on the mother board an Intel is recognized under both kennels and function properly).

    Even though it recognizes the card and I fill out the information I still can't get it to get an IP so I can get in the network.

    Any and all help is greatly appreciated,
    Thanks *nix n00b

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2

    T41 and knoppix 3.4: instant wireless

    Popped the CD in, wireless lit up, I was on the web in about 22 seconds. The most pleasurable wireless experience I've ever had. No config at all.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3
    I struggled for hours with 3.3 on an IBM T30 (same Cisco mini-PCI card). I just tried 3.4 and also could not find the wireless card. After reading this post, I tried starting with "knoppix26". The card was finally enabled!

    I was not, however, able to connect to my AP. I ran 'wlcardconfig' to set my SSID and encryption. I tried disabling WEP and had success. I re-enabled WEP and made sure to enter the channel number as well as the SSID and WEP key...SUCCESS!

    So, you might trying disabling WEP to start with, and then using SSID, channel, and WEP key.

    Good luck.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1
    Cisco minipci finally working on Thinkpad T30 with Knoppix 3.6. Used "linux26" at boot. Entered proper SSID under 'wlcardconfig". Ran "netcardconfig" and selected eth0. Launched browser - JOY....

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1
    Hey guys.
    Nice to see the discussions, people having bad times and then making everything work.
    It is my turn...

    I am using a IBM ThinkPad T42 with knoppix-std (a security knoppix distro: http://www.knoppix-std.com) and the same problem of NullSand. My wifi interface are not detected at boot time.

    Facts:
    - wlcardconfig can't find my wifi interface.
    - modprobe airo looks good (no errors)
    - ifconfig -a just shows eth0 and lo
    - I have no wireless connection
    - knoppix-std is running kernel 2.4.21

    Questions:
    - on the last posts, linux26 is the version of the linux kernel?
    - if so, knoppix-std doesn't have this option on the boot time. Does anyone knpw another way to make this card works?
    This distro has lots of nice tools and gonna be great if I use it with my wireless built-in card.

    Thanks

Similar Threads

  1. USB PCMCIA Card for IBM ThinkPad 390 2626-70U
    By jbreazeale in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-15-2005, 03:34 AM
  2. kismet with cisco card
    By magyar in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2004, 03:40 PM
  3. 3Com 3c556B Mini-PCI Ethernet Card
    By dallas in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-30-2004, 08:44 AM
  4. Problems w/Cisco Aironet 350 WLAN Card
    By jetfanroy in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-12-2003, 09:25 AM
  5. Remaster for 256mb CF Card, or mini-cd?
    By DukeLeto in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-14-2003, 01:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1

$56.99



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



KIOXIA KBG6AZNV512G 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD — TESTED & READY TO USE picture

KIOXIA KBG6AZNV512G 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD — TESTED & READY TO USE

$58.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps picture

SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps

$37.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



SSD 2.5

SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed

$42.00



Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA III 2.5

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA III 2.5" Internal SSD (MZ7LN250HMJP) dell Lenovo hp

$32.99