You must run the server first by typing "nessusd -D" then run the client "nessus". There is plenty of information and tutorials on the web. Google for nessus and click on the first link that comes up i.e. www.nessus.org .
Hi all,
I'am a newbie Knoppix unser, I cauldn't use nessus. In the first time I got the Certificate windows after I was enable to loging, each time after entring passord i get "loging failed" !!
I did these steps:
$nessusd &
$nessus &
for the first time i used as Login and passwd:
knoppix
knoppix
after I thought to set a root passwd and use it,
but I ghot the same error,
Any help, is there documentation for nessus in knoppix?
You must run the server first by typing "nessusd -D" then run the client "nessus". There is plenty of information and tutorials on the web. Google for nessus and click on the first link that comes up i.e. www.nessus.org .
thank's , I did waht you said, but the same pb, i googled but I didnet find any things,
I'ld like to know I should make some conf in the nessusd.conf, i.e Knoppix don't add users to the nessus?
There is a 3 part tutorial on that site I quote which tells you everything you need to know from scratch.
i tried 3.8.1 and I giot the same problem, nessus non long works! so I am sur that there is a problem with nessus in Knoppix,
Thnaks
you have to add a nessus user by doing
nessus-adduser <username>
in the machine running nessus,
then you'll be able to log in nessus as <username>
Of course, run nessusd -D first.
Cyclop

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99
Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97
New Sealed Juniper EX4100-F-12P 12x 1GbE PoE 2x 10GbE uplinks 1 Year Warranty
$895.00
Juniper EX4600-40F-AFO 24-Port Dual PSU Network Switch
$164.98
Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99
$3000.00
New Juniper Networks EX3400-48P 48-Port PoE+ 4-Port SFP+ Ethernet Switch Sealed
$466.65
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$345.97