Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Microsoft Office 2000 v OpenOffice

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    93

    Microsoft Office 2000 v OpenOffice

    I have been typing an assignment using OpenOffice which I saved as a Microsoft Office .doc file. When I saved it to a usb and tried it in Windows Windows didn't recognize the text ( it came out gibberish) so I burned it onto a cd using the joliet extension , but Windows didn't understand the text there either. I exported it as a PDF and Windows recognised this so I can hand my assignment in. But I'd like to know if there is a way of saving the file so it can be read using Microsoft Office 2000/ XP for future reference. Sorry it's just take take take with me at the moment, I promise I'll give back when I know enough to give back

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    57
    If you want to keep the document's formatting (bold, font, tabs, etc.), try saving the OpenOffice document in Word95 or Word 6.0 then try opening in Word2000/XP. If you need only the text, save as .TXT

    Also : Try opening a Word2000/XP document in your OpenOffice.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    rtf is widely used because it can be opened by almost any app and still keeps most formatting.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    93
    Sorry I have taken so long to reply. I can be pretty unreliable. I tried saving it as an rft file. Everything came up but the formatting was messed up. Especially the pictures, which were on top of each other, but I may have been able to sort that out. I then saved it as a windows 95.doc, but I had the same problem as with windows xp. What I didn't tell you because it never occured to me was that i'd written it with adventura, which is not a windows font. Luckily a friend told me he was less than impressed with my choice of font colour( taupe). Since I'm always willing to oblige i played about with the formatting and I changed everything to lucida sans typewriter. And bingo!!! Just goes to show it doesn,t pay to be adventurous ( ). Thanks for replying. Next time i'll try to flesh out the details better

Similar Threads

  1. Networking on Windows 2000 - help!
    By JLocke in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2004, 12:06 AM
  2. microsoft office keyboard
    By infiniteedge in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-15-2004, 09:22 PM
  3. Replacing openoffice-de-en with openoffice.org
    By jake5m in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-04-2003, 06:52 PM
  4. Microsoft Office on Knoppix runs fine!
    By probono in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-09-2003, 10:32 PM
  5. Knoppix with Win 2000
    By boehmb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-23-2003, 04:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P picture

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P

$71.49



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard picture

ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard

$351.99



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00