-
working with Knoppix, mount HD, instal software..
Hi all,
I’m a newbie Knopix (Linux in general) user,
My pb began when i want to use nessus, I always got : login failed, although I did the right things : starting nessusd then nessus and using root passwd, so thought to reinstall it -nessus- , As I m working From CD and I use VMWARE , I didn't
understand how things works,
I downloaded nessus 2.24 in the Windows Partition i.e. C:
My pb is :
-how can i fond the Windows partition, although i did : fdisk -l , I get only one partion sda of 4GB, I know that was made with VMWARE, and I got this message :
/dev/sda doesn't contain a valid partition table .
-how do I mount the HD (ie C , When I looked in the /dev directory I didn’t find any things like hda or sda .....I tired to do :
mount -t ntsf /dev/sda /mnt/wint but I couldn’t
I know that i can download these file diretely , but want to understant the pb
I couldn't access to Internet from Knoppix otherwise I had to download directly files from it, another question:
when we install softwere it must do it on HD,where?
Similar Threads
-
By lgarcia3 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-10-2006, 07:17 AM
-
By echromes in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-28-2006, 02:16 AM
-
By abrand888 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-13-2005, 11:33 PM
-
By chocuabo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-22-2004, 05:36 AM
-
By RedShirt in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-02-2003, 12:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$100.00

WICO Computer Command Apple II Analog Joystick Adaptor NOS 72-4525
$59.99

Rare Vintage CH Product Mach III Analog Joystick for Apple Mac
$35.00

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67