Hi there. My aplogies for being a pest, but I am 72 years of age and have just obtained the Knoppix Live CD. The adddies state that you just pop it into your CDROM drive and away you go. But this is not so.

Okay I changed my CDROM drive to boot and popped in the Cd and away it went. It seemed as though everything was okay as it picked up a number of things, only to stop and remain stopped.

The last thing it did was to tell me that it was looking for the CDROM in /dev/scd0 which it okayed. Then it began looking for the CDROM in /dev/hdb and that was as far as it would go.

I really would love to get Knoppix to work for me. I have cancer and time is not on my side. If I can only get a little help then things might work out. Please accept my apologies again both for my lack of technical knowhow and for taking up your vaulable time. Grandad Walt.