-
Junior Member
registered user
Windows Apps
I saw that some pepole mange to make cmgs of windows apps+Crossover Office.
if can someone explain to me how to make cmg for this apps:
Office 2003
Internet Explorer
i need full instructions
thx
-
Senior Member
registered user
Basically you set everything up inside one directory. (Using either Wine or Crossover Office). There must be a file called "wrapper" inside that launches the application. Finally you create the cmg with
mkcramfs /the/directory/with/the/wrapper/in/it ~/Desktop/my.cmg
and there you have your cmg.
The step-by-step-instructions would be multiple pages, but I have both apps you mention running fine from cmg.
Greetings,
probono
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
probono
Basically you set everything up inside one directory. (Using either Wine or Crossover Office). There must be a file called "wrapper" inside that launches the application. Finally you create the cmg with
mkcramfs /the/directory/with/the/wrapper/in/it ~/Desktop/my.cmg
and there you have your cmg.
The step-by-step-instructions would be multiple pages, but I have both apps you mention running fine from cmg.
Greetings,
probono
this sounds very interesting, but i am a little confused and would like to get a few more details in setting this up...
in the past i have always installed crossover office and Office 2000 in a persistent home directory. the main directory is the .cxoffice directory. is this the one that I should run mkcramfs against to make my .cmg file?
thanks in advance,
~pau1
-
Senior Member
registered user
I did find this link:
http://klik.atekon.de/docs/?page=Com...ation%20Images
Not a lot more additional information, but a couple of helpful bits of direction.
do people think it would be worthwhile to create a howto for this? Anyone interested in working together through this thread to put together some documentation?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Unfortunately I don't have the time at the moment to write a full howto, but essentially you need to "repackage" cxoffice so that it uses everything from inside the cmg instead of ~/.cxoffice and /opt
Greetings,
probono
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hey PB,
That sounds like a good lead. Wouldn't that be essentially the cxoffice directory then?
Any chance we could look at the wrapper you are using for Office 2000? That is the cmg I would like to work on developing first, unless you have a simpler package that you would recommend we start with.
thanks!
~pau1
-
Senior Member
registered user
okay, here is what i have so far... not pretty, and not klikable, but functional. After installing Crossover Office and Office 2000, I saved the following directories to a spare partition (on hda3):
/home/knoppix/cxoffice
/home/knoppix/.cxoffice
/home/knoppix/.kde/appnk
Then when I reboot from live CD (currently running Kanotix 2005-02) I setup Crossover Office wth the following script.
#***crossover office***
ln -s /mnt/hda3/.cxoffice /home/knoppix/.cxoffice
ln -s /mnt/hda3/cxoffice /home/knoppix/cxoffice
cp -Pr /mnt/hda3/applnk/* /home/knoppix/.kde/share/applnk
cp "/mnt/hda3/applnk/Windows Applications/Programs/Internet Explorer.desktop" /home/knoppix/Desktop
cp "/mnt/hda3/applnk/Windows Applications/Programs/Microsoft Outlook.desktop" /home/knoppix/Desktop
#***end crossover office setup***
Anyone have any suggestions on creating a CMG and wrapper from this particular scenario? Not absolutely necessary, as I have what I want (the ability to run Crossover Office / Office 2000 from a live CD without a persistent home directory using the KDE menu), but I would like the ability to make the applications a little more portable.
Regards,
~pau1
Similar Threads
-
By dvryknopper in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-31-2006, 05:56 AM
-
By lilsirecho in forum Klik
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-12-2005, 06:21 PM
-
By computerman0216 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-27-2005, 05:45 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-20-2004, 08:01 AM
-
By Kevin Cannon in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-05-2003, 08:23 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

Intel Core i5-11400F 6-Core 2.6 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor
$85.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

(LOT OF 12) Intel Core i5-9500 CPU 3.00GHz Desktop Processor (SRF4B)
$575.00

USED - Intel Core i7-13700 SRMBA 2.10GHz 30M 16-Core Socket 1700 CPU Processor
$250.00