-
Senior Member
registered user
--You have to create a SCSI disk in vmware first, of course. 
--Read my post again; I supplied the commands you need to type in fdisk to create the partition. After you save your settings, knoppix should automatically detect it and mount it for you, if you put in the proper cheat code at boot.

Originally Posted by
Annorax
When I type fdisk /dev/sda, the konsole tells me it is unable to open /dev/sda.
Do I need to do something in Vmware first?
After I get it to work, I use the following commands then?
fdisk /dev/sda [hit enter twice]
mkdosfs -F 32 -v /dev/sda5
mkdir /mnt/tmp
mount /dev/sda5 /mnt/tmp -onoatime
Must I do those command each time I start up Knoppix again to get it to save, or just mount it?
Similar Threads
-
By nps420218 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-04-2006, 10:30 AM
-
By Reaper in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-09-2006, 08:19 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-11-2006, 01:03 AM
-
By ramaswamyps in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-09-2005, 03:29 AM
-
By adyga in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 06-25-2003, 02:16 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US
$125.98

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00