-
Senior Member
registered user
Have Modem Drivers - Can't Install Them
So I got a SmartLink internal modem, and it came with a CD that contained drivers for Windows and Linux. I can't use the drivers in Linux because I can't setup WINE due to a http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...er=asc&start=0 login problem. The CD has the driver on it, but it's a source code type deal, not a binary package thingy. I tried alien -d with it, because it's a tar.gz file, and then I tried dpkg -i with the debian package, and after it installed I tried connecting to the internet, and it still said "The modem is busy." How do I go aobut compiling this thing, or whatever? That link is to a thread with another issue of mine. If you can help with that, that'd be shiny, too, as the issue described there is the basis of all my Lin-troubles.
Similar Threads
-
By maxpower in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-01-2006, 02:28 AM
-
By Bilpo in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-24-2004, 07:49 PM
-
By whablow in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-06-2004, 12:22 PM
-
By kamikaze2112 in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 03-05-2004, 02:23 AM
-
By count_nikon in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-23-2002, 01:58 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00