-
Ok having trouble with partitions.
I have a system with 2 HDD's. One 83 gig with my XP/NTFS partition on it. and one 13 gig that I want to install Knoppix to (as in install to HD, not use off the CD). I tried using the UBD (ultimate boot disc) to make Linux partitions, and I did, but everytime I go into the prompt, type knx2hd, configure it and try to install, i get this "Error: Formatting to failed". I also tried to make partitions using the partition options in knx2hd but i got an errors saying "Open disk drive" and "read-only". Is there a set of instructions that will step by step walk me through what I need to do to make a dual boot XP/knoppix system? Forgive me if I am asking something that's been asked before.
-
Senior Member
registered user
The installation has to be done as the user "root" - the errors might be from running the installer as the regular user Knoppix.
By the way, now it's known as knoppix-installer - but knx2hd still works because it's set up as a kind of alias for knoppix-inistaller.
To run one command as root, you start it with "sudo" - so try this: $sudo knoppix-installer. Let us know if you still have problems!
-- Ed
Similar Threads
-
By AJones in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-05-2007, 07:26 PM
-
By cyberstew in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 11-26-2004, 12:50 AM
-
By newknoppixguy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 25
Last Post: 09-03-2004, 04:07 AM
-
By KnopperX in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-27-2004, 04:48 PM
-
By Rython in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-15-2003, 07:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords
$149.99

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50

Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49

Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller
$29.99

Commodore 64/C64 23 Original Games (Untested /As Is ,no returns )Maniac Mansion
$115.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore 64c Computer System
$550.00