Is this something like Standby Mode: http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl1_apmsleep.htm
I'm new to linux, using Knoppix 3.8.1. I can't find any equivalent to "Standby Mode' in Windows, to allow me to put the computer in a low power state but keep the currently loaded stuff in RAM. Furthermore, I can't find any power management options, such as powering down the hard drive etc. I've looked in Control Centre>PowerControl but all it has is something for laptops. Can anyone help?
Is this something like Standby Mode: http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl1_apmsleep.htm

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00
RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00
Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99
Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00
Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00
HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit
$888.50
Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00
BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5" SCSI Drive ,Wi-Fi,For Macintosh, Amiga, PC
$52.99
ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5" Floppy Disks
$199.00
OPEN BOX - AMIGA Genlock Interface Vintage Video Adapter 1300- GREAT
$329.95