Is this something like Standby Mode: http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl1_apmsleep.htm
I'm new to linux, using Knoppix 3.8.1. I can't find any equivalent to "Standby Mode' in Windows, to allow me to put the computer in a low power state but keep the currently loaded stuff in RAM. Furthermore, I can't find any power management options, such as powering down the hard drive etc. I've looked in Control Centre>PowerControl but all it has is something for laptops. Can anyone help?
Is this something like Standby Mode: http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl1_apmsleep.htm

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Lot 500 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Registered Server Memory RAM
$65000.00
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
32GB (2x16GB) G.Skill Aegis DDR4 3200MT/s (PC4-25600) 288-Pin Desktop Memory Kit
$134.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
288GB 18x Mixed Brand 16GB Mixed Speed RAM TESTED
$900.00
SAMSUNG 128GB (4x32GB) M393A4K40BB1-CRC4Q RAM DDR4-2400T RDIMM ECC Memory
$666.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$43.00